What’s News! [blog]
JOLI Natural Skin Care are giving away two jars of Rich Cream Moisturiser to two lucky people.
* Australian residents only.
All you have to do is:
1 – Signup to our newsletter (if you’re already a subscriber that’s great!)
2 – Comment on this post about why you’d love to win.
3 – Tell a friend who would also like to win Rich Cream Moisturiser so they can enter as well.
4 – If you have tried Rich Cream Moisturiser comment below on what you think (you can skin step 2 if you do this step).
A comment on this post plus newsletter subscription count as your entry – if you comment but are not a subscriber your entry is forfeit.
JOLI will announce the winner in our next newsletter.
Can’t wait to try JOLI’s Rich Cream Moisturiser? Grab some from our online store.
Please go to Rich Cream for Women to order your custom scented Rich Cream today! Or for men: Rich Cream for Men.
Want a different scent in your moisturiser? Message us today and we’ll discuss your options.
- NO Animal Testing
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) FREE
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) FREE
- No Propylene Glycol
- No Mineral / Petroleum Oils
- No Parabens
- No Phthalates
- No alcohol
- No EDTA
- No Triethanolamine
- Choose Cruelty FREE approved
- PETA approved
- Skin Deep approved
With the new year comes potential new products, however, JOLI can’t do it without your help. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give your feedback regarding what ‘new’ products you’re looking for and interested in using.
There have been some suggestions already… yet it’s one thing for one customer to say “I’d like…” without knowing how many other customers might also be interested, or not, in that particular product.
Truth be told it has happened that JOLI have introduced a new product because a customer said they’d like us to stock that product… only to find not many others were interested in using said product/s. A classic example is the Natural Bristle Body Brush (specifically requested by a customer who wanted natural bristles instead of plastic ones). JOLI stocked up on these useful and handy brushes (they’re great for scrubbing hard to reach body parts such as backs and buttocks) and the brushes just didn’t sell
With that in mind I’d like to list some potential new products and find out from you whether they’re of interest to you or not – and by interest I mean would YOU use them or buy them for others?
- Rose toner = hydrating older skin > Yes or No?
- Tea tree toner = cleansing acne skin > Yes or No?
- Aloe Vera mask = healing acne skin / anti aging > Yes or No?
- Clay mask = detoxifying and moisturising skin > Yes or No?
- Tinted eye cream > Yes or No?
- Essential oil blends = essential oil remedy blends to use on conditions such as colds, anxiety, depression etc. > Yes or No?
The reason I ask is because when coming up with a potential new product labels need to be designed by our design team and this is not cheap. Labels then need to be printed out with minimum orders of hundreds, again not so cheap. Packaging sourced, products promoted etc. etc. It’s not as simple as just creating a product and it walking off the shelves. There have been some products created that people have barely taken an interest in which means all that expenses setting up a new product for zero return.
What better way to make products people are interested in than by asking you directly: what products are you interested in having in the JOLI range (reply below or email me)? If you think of other products you’d like to have please comment below. If enough people show an interest in any of these potential products we may be able to put some into production.
Thank you in advance for your feedback xx
Your skin is made up of tiny pores which produce oil (sebum) from your sebaceous glands to keep your skin moisturised. The amount of oil your skin produces differs depending on your skin type.
Pores can become clogged with oil, dirt, grime, makeup and products (i.e. sunscreen, hair wax), as well as dead skin cells and touching your face.
When the exposed part of the blockages comes into contact with air (this is called oxidation) the blockage changes colour (this is where the term blackhead comes from).
If left untreated blackheads can become infected with bacteria causing a pimple.
Pimples can also form even when there was no blackhead, from pores being blocked. This is called a whitehead, when the area was not exposed to air (oxidation) leaving it a white colour.
Milia, like a whitehead, are small white bumps on the skin, they’re common around eyes and backs of arms and best left to an expert to remove.
A papule is a raised pimple that is inflamed but does not contain any pus.
NOTE: Touching your face can cause infections due to the bacteria on your hands – that is why it’s important not to touch your face or try to ‘pop’ pimples / blackheads without proper cleansing, steaming and exfoliating.
A pustule is an inflamed area that does contain pus (hence the gross sounding name).
A nodule/cyst is where the area outside of the pores and sebaceous glands is inflamed and filled with pus. DO NOT try to remove these yourself as they are deep under the skin.
The stretching of the skin by nodules/cysts can often cause scarring and are best seen to by an acne specialist.
After a facial to cleanse your skin and remove blackheads it is important to take care of your skin with a good daily skin care routine to help minimise acne and breakouts.
- Avoid wearing mineral oil / petroleum based makeup.
- Don’t wear makeup to bed, cleanse your skin daily/nightly.
- Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water or herbal tea to help flush out toxins.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugary drinks/food and nicotine where possible as these are highly dehydrating to skin. Avoid dairy also, if possible.
- Moisturise regularly and use recommended products to keep your skin clean, hydrated and in excellent condition.
- Avoid touching your face. Wear gloves if necessary (preferably natural fiber) to avoid cross contamination of bacteria from hands to face.
Got a questions regarding this article, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Summer is fast approaching and as happens in good ol’ Aussie land it gets real hot real quick!
Many of us are looking for deodorants that don’t contain aluminum (said to be a leading cause in Alzheimers). Aluminum is listed as a carcinogenic, toxic and mutagenic. Yuk! Who wants that on/in their skin and body?
Aside from that we also want to avoid ingredients such as propylene glycol, parabens an phthalates.
So how do we tackle the issue of BO and sweat naturally?
Here are some tips and tricks:
1) Apply natural toner to a cotton ball and cleans armpits, under cleavage, man and lady parts and other areas. Leave to air dry. The toner cleanses and refreshes the area and the essential oils smell nice.
It’s a good idea to do this, cleanse the area, prior to applying deodorant.
2) Make a natural body powder (and puff) with 1/4 cup bicarb soda and 1 table spoon of corn flour. Sprinkle or puff this powder over hot sweaty body parts to cool them down and stop chaffing and/or that clammy feeling we sometimes get when sweating. Good also for sweaty feet.
3) Use JOLI’s natural deodorant which contains a potent blend of essential oils perfect for curbing sweat and killing off the bacteria that causes BO.
* Note: it’s a good idea to use toner or body spray to wipe down natural deodorant, from time to time, to cleanse the roll-on area before apply to your skin.
4) Make a body spray with 125ml water and 1ml (20 drops) orange essential oil (natural antiseptic) added to a spray bottle. Carry around with you and spritz as necessary.
During the month of November ALL 5og Deodorants will come with a FREE Purifying Cleansing Toner.
~ 1 per customer.
~ While stocks last.
I was asked by a customer what product I recommend for removing eye makeup, would the cleanser be effective? The Face & Body Wash could be used to remove eye makeup, though I prefer to avoid soap base products around the eyes. Soap based products around the eyes can dry out the delicate eye area and since the skin around this area is so thin it’s better to use a non drying product.
In all honesty the BEST product for the job is Fluffy Lime Eye Cream. The creamy texture makes it ideal for use around the delicate eye area and the ingredients in the cream moisturise why helping to remove eye makeup.
1) Dab one finger in the eye cream, then press this finger against a finger on your other hand. You’ll now have two small dabs of eye cream on both fingers.
2) Dab each cream tipped finger around your eyes then gently massage the cream around your eyes. You will see the makeup being removed as you go – you might look like a panda at this stage depending on how much makeup you have to remove (see pic for lols).
3) Using a flannel (face washer) dampened with moderately warm/hot water wipe over the area. This will remove the loosen makeup leaving you with a clean eye area.
4) If you’re wearing particularly heavy makeup you may need to repeat the process.
5) Cleanse your face as necessary.
6) Reply a small amount of eye cream around your clean eye area to moisturise and aid with prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. The lime essential oil in the Fluffy Eye Cream helps tone and firm the skin and ease tired puff eyes.
Whether you’ve worn a light application of makeup for work or a day out, or a heavy applicator for a night on the town or fancy dress party (even blokes who’ve applied gothic or drag queen makeup)… Fluffy Lime Eye Cream is the perfect way to remove your makeup – effortlessly and naturally.
Every order placed between 1st July 2017 and 30th November 2017 will go in the draw to win a Gift Box in time for Christmas.
If you order twice during this time you go in the draw twice, three orders equals three entries etc.
So far JOLI have amassed a nice collection of goodies including (though not limited to) bubble truffles, bubble cupcake, bath bombs, bath accessories, a colouring book, the Secret DVD, attractive note book, costume jewellery, gift vouchers, cosmetic purse…
* Winner’s names will be drawn on the 1st Dec and notified by email – plus the winners will be listed at the bottom of this post.
* There are two gift boxes to win (prizes divided between the two).
* Winners will also be contacted and asked to choose a moisturiser of choice to suit their skin type.
Open to Australian residents and JOLI customers only. Any questions please ask. Good luck and thank you for your ongoing support, it is much appreciated. Through supporting JOLI you are helping to make better, safer skin care choices and reducing the amount of chemicals being produced – thus helping our planet. Sincerely, we thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS Sonja and Monica. You are the lucky winners of JOLI’s Christmas Gift Boxes. Enjoy!
You’ve probably heard the news! JOLI now sell natural Muscle Rub and Chest Rub.
It’s been a long time coming and what made it happen was this: I’d placed an order for a muscle rub from an other natural company who took 6 weeks to reply to my order (placed via email). There I was waiting and waiting and after a while I thought “Why am I waiting when I can make my own!” And so I did. After using the muscle rub on myself for quite some time and getting excellent results, it was then released to a number of lucky ‘testers’ to trial and give feedback.
Here’s what some had to say:
I have been using it on a sore calf muscle and also on my right foot where I fractured it 18 years ago. It’s been very useful, particularly on my foot as it gets sore when it’s cooler, or going to rain.
Consistency is perfect. Not to thick nor thin, not sticky.
Absorption is quick, non greasy.
A little went a very long way.
Not quite strong enough (but I love my essential oils and love all the smells, so others might have been happy with the level of scent)
Very moisturising, my fingers are very soft after applying.
Suggestion: can you make a vaporub type product for colds & flus, using the base, and adding suitable essential oils (eg peppermint & eucalyptus) as the scents?
- is the consistency of the product good: Yes
- did it absorb into your skin well: Yes
- did a little go a long way: Yes
- was the sent too strong / not strong enough: Quite OK
- is the consistency of the product good: YES LOVELY AND SMOOTH
- did it absorb into your skin well: YES HAPPY WITH THE ABSORBENCY
- did a little go a long way: YES! FANTASTIC
- was the sent too strong / not strong enough: I LOVED IT
- other ? HAPPY TO USE THIS ON MY CHILDREN, THEY LIKED IT TOO, I LOVE THE ALL NATURAL COMPOSITION OF THIS PRODUCT
I tried your muscle rub and it’s excellent, not overly heating or odorous like some commercial brands. Also it doesn’t cause any adverse reactions. Keep up the good work. Hopefully you be including it as a product in the near future.
* * *
As for the Chest Rub this has been something I’ve used on my family for years, especially my son with asthma. One customer who trialed the Muscle Rub asked about having a Chest Rub on offer as well and so it was also created so the public could benefit from using this product as well.
Both the Muscle and Chest rubs come in a natural base and use potent beneficial essential oils to ease symptoms. ‘Potent’ doesn’t mean heavy/strong scented, it means essential oils with highly beneficial properties and when blended together do an amazing job at relieving symptoms.
The Muscle Rub eases: sore tight muscles and is also a natural muscle relaxant.
The Chest Rub eases: cold, flu, coughs, sore throat and asthma.
Both come in 100g tubs and retail for $19 and $17
JOLI are lucky in that very little negative feedback has been received. We get mostly positive feedback and special requests for product adaptions. This is how JOLI handle the feedback you give:
1) One customer noted that when they use Enliven Facial & Body Scrub the granules get caught between the nozzle and the flip top lid. This was making the lid hard to close. JOLI have been sourcing a better designed lid and will run with a new type of bottle (for Enliven Scrub & Light Moisturiser) when our current stock runs out.
2) Customers sometimes contact JOLI saying they’d like to change their order (add extra products or remove/swap items). JOLI happily send amended invoices to customers.
3) The original samples of creams JOLI sent were in little clear zip lock satchels. One customer reported that hers had leaked and she found it hard to get the contents out to use. Samples are now sent in more sturdy, larger sample pots with lids.
4) One customer reporter Purifying Cleansing Toner leaked a little during transit. This customer was offered a 10% discount on their next order and JOLI changed the way toners are packaged. They now come with white tape (optionally removable) around the top which has made shipping toners (leak free) easier.
5) Now and again a customer will give feedback that they’d like the scent to be stronger or softer. Notes are made so that next time those customers order, scents are adapted to their preference.
6) One customer put in a personal request for a moisturiser with a special blend of essential oils to help combat anxiety. Done!
7) One customer reported they’d like the Soothing Salve to be more viscous. Soothing Salve is now made with a thicker formulation while still being highly spreadable and absorbing into the skin with ease.
8) Other customers might request special scents/flavours such as: blending a moisturiser to smell the same as skin serum.
9) We had a moment when a handful of customers experienced their lip balm lids cracking (our supplier had switch manufacturers on us without notice). Working with our suppliers JOLI found a sturdy lip balm tube so this cracking no longer occurs.
In short it pays to send your feedback through, positive or otherwise, because JOLI take your feedback very seriously and endeavour to make your purchase and use of JOLI products as enjoyable as possible.
Do you have some feedback or a request? Contact JOLI anytime.
1) Plastic is practically unbreakable. If you’re anything like me, dropsy, then plastic is the way to go so you don’t end up smashing your product packaging and wasting the contents. I know I’ve dropped my products a time or ten.
2) Plastic is less likely to be damaged in transit.
3) Sending glass packaging would mean an increase in extra packing materials we’d consume; large cardboard boxes, un-environmentally friendly puffles to buffer the glass etc.
4) Plastic is more affordable to transport across town and country. It is light and therefore more fuel efficient for trucks and vans to ship.
5) Using PET plastic means our containers are recyclable.
6) JOLI’s packaging is BPA Free.
7) Less trees have to be cut down in order to produce our packaging because we don’t package our containers in fancy cardboard display boxes.
8) Tin packaging would have to be coated in a thin line of plastic (BPA) in order to stop the contents from corroding the metal.
9) Generally there are no false bottoms and extra thick walls with plastic packaging so what you see is what you get.
Let us know what you think of JOLI’s packaging (product containers) by leaving a comment below.
There are those who believe that we are sitting upon the age of a great precipice. Facing issues such as global warming, massive food shortages, vast quantities of land and resources going towards mass animal farming, large numbers of people trapped in slavery and servitude, and a growing disparity between the the rich and the poor.
We face a scary future with many of us not knowing how to help and what to do.
One way you can help is by supporting sustainable companies: companies who have people’s and animal’s lives and the interests of the planet foremost in their minds.
One such company is JOLI Natural Skin Care.
JOLI have taken a number of steps to work towards sustainability and perhaps their greatest step is NOT MASS PRODUCING products. Mass production of skin care to ship world wide while telling consumers to buy more, instead of only producing what is needed, is unethical and unsustainable. Huge amounts of resources are used up when production is performed in this way.
Whereas manufacturing on a needs only basis means very few amounts of resources are used and this is much better for our environment.
JOLI also run on solar power and have energy saver lights installed, email order details to save on paper usage/wastage, package orders in reusable/recyclable materials and because we don’t ship internationally we have a considerably low carbon footprint compared to other companies who do. JOLI also recycle and reuse everything that comes into our office. Very little is added to landfill.
What other factors do you think of when looking for a sustainable company?
JOLI Natural Skin Care = Australian Made Australian Owned