What’s News! [blog]
I was asked by a customer what product I recommend for removing eye makeup, would the cleanser be effective? The Face & Body Wash could be used to remove eye makeup, though I prefer to avoid soap base products around the eyes. Soap based products around the eyes can dry out the delicate eye area and since the skin around this area is so thin it’s better to use a non drying product.
In all honesty the BEST product for the job is Fluffy Lime Eye Cream. The creamy texture makes it ideal for use around the delicate eye area and the ingredients in the cream moisturise why helping to remove eye makeup.
1) Dab one finger in the eye cream, then press this finger against a finger on your other hand. You’ll now have two small dabs of eye cream on both fingers.
2) Dab each cream tipped finger around your eyes then gently massage the cream around your eyes. You will see the makeup being removed as you go – you might look like a panda at this stage depending on how much makeup you have to remove (see pic for lols).
3) Using a flannel (face washer) dampened with moderately warm/hot water wipe over the area. This will remove the loosen makeup leaving you with a clean eye area.
4) If you’re wearing particularly heavy makeup you may need to repeat the process.
5) Cleanse your face as necessary.
6) Reply a small amount of eye cream around your clean eye area to moisturise and aid with prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. The lime essential oil in the Fluffy Eye Cream helps tone and firm the skin and ease tired puff eyes.
Whether you’ve worn a light application of makeup for work or a day out, or a heavy applicator for a night on the town or fancy dress party (even blokes who’ve applied gothic or drag queen makeup)… Fluffy Lime Eye Cream is the perfect way to remove your makeup – effortlessly and naturally.
Every order placed between 1st July 2017 and 30th November 2017 will go in the draw to win a Gift Box in time for Christmas.
If you order twice during this time you go in the draw twice, three orders equals three entries etc.
So far JOLI have amassed a nice collection of goodies including (though not limited to) bubble truffles, bubble cupcake, bath bombs, bath accessories, a colouring book, the Secret DVD, attractive note book, costume jewellery, gift vouchers, cosmetic purse…
* Winner’s names will be drawn on the 1st Dec and notified by email – plus the winners will be listed at the bottom of this post.
* There are two gift boxes to win (prizes divided between the two).
* Winners will also be contacted and asked to choose a moisturiser of choice to suit their skin type.
Open to Australian residents and JOLI customers only. Any questions please ask. Good luck and thank you for your ongoing support, it is much appreciated. Through supporting JOLI you are helping to make better, safer skin care choices and reducing the amount of chemicals being produced – thus helping our planet. Sincerely, we thank you!
You’ve probably heard the news! JOLI now sell natural Muscle Rub and Chest Rub.
It’s been a long time coming and what made it happen was this: I’d placed an order for a muscle rub from an other natural company who took 6 weeks to reply to my order (placed via email). There I was waiting and waiting and after a while I thought “Why am I waiting when I can make my own!” And so I did. After using the muscle rub on myself for quite some time and getting excellent results, it was then released to a number of lucky ‘testers’ to trial and give feedback.
Here’s what some had to say:
I have been using it on a sore calf muscle and also on my right foot where I fractured it 18 years ago. It’s been very useful, particularly on my foot as it gets sore when it’s cooler, or going to rain.
Consistency is perfect. Not to thick nor thin, not sticky.
Absorption is quick, non greasy.
A little went a very long way.
Not quite strong enough (but I love my essential oils and love all the smells, so others might have been happy with the level of scent)
Very moisturising, my fingers are very soft after applying.
Suggestion: can you make a vaporub type product for colds & flus, using the base, and adding suitable essential oils (eg peppermint & eucalyptus) as the scents?
- is the consistency of the product good: Yes
- did it absorb into your skin well: Yes
- did a little go a long way: Yes
- was the sent too strong / not strong enough: Quite OK
- is the consistency of the product good: YES LOVELY AND SMOOTH
- did it absorb into your skin well: YES HAPPY WITH THE ABSORBENCY
- did a little go a long way: YES! FANTASTIC
- was the sent too strong / not strong enough: I LOVED IT
- other ? HAPPY TO USE THIS ON MY CHILDREN, THEY LIKED IT TOO, I LOVE THE ALL NATURAL COMPOSITION OF THIS PRODUCT
I tried your muscle rub and it’s excellent, not overly heating or odorous like some commercial brands. Also it doesn’t cause any adverse reactions. Keep up the good work. Hopefully you be including it as a product in the near future.
* * *
As for the Chest Rub this has been something I’ve used on my family for years, especially my son with asthma. One customer who trialed the Muscle Rub asked about having a Chest Rub on offer as well and so it was also created so the public could benefit from using this product as well.
Both the Muscle and Chest rubs come in a natural base and use potent beneficial essential oils to ease symptoms. ‘Potent’ doesn’t mean heavy/strong scented, it means essential oils with highly beneficial properties and when blended together do an amazing job at relieving symptoms.
The Muscle Rub eases: sore tight muscles and is also a natural muscle relaxant.
The Chest Rub eases: cold, flu, coughs, sore throat and asthma.
Both come in 100g tubs and retail for $19 and $17
JOLI are lucky in that very little negative feedback has been received. We get mostly positive feedback and special requests for product adaptions. This is how JOLI handle the feedback you give:
1) One customer noted that when they use Enliven Facial & Body Scrub the granules get caught between the nozzle and the flip top lid. This was making the lid hard to close. JOLI have been sourcing a better designed lid and will run with a new type of bottle (for Enliven Scrub & Light Moisturiser) when our current stock runs out.
2) Customers sometimes contact JOLI saying they’d like to change their order (add extra products or remove/swap items). JOLI happily send amended invoices to customers.
3) The original samples of creams JOLI sent were in little clear zip lock satchels. One customer reported that hers had leaked and she found it hard to get the contents out to use. Samples are now sent in more sturdy, larger sample pots with lids.
4) One customer reporter Purifying Cleansing Toner leaked a little during transit. This customer was offered a 10% discount on their next order and JOLI changed the way toners are packaged. They now come with white tape (optionally removable) around the top which has made shipping toners (leak free) easier.
5) Now and again a customer will give feedback that they’d like the scent to be stronger or softer. Notes are made so that next time those customers order, scents are adapted to their preference.
6) One customer put in a personal request for a moisturiser with a special blend of essential oils to help combat anxiety. Done!
7) One customer reported they’d like the Soothing Salve to be more viscous. Soothing Salve is now made with a thicker formulation while still being highly spreadable and absorbing into the skin with ease.
8) Other customers might request special scents/flavours such as: blending a moisturiser to smell the same as skin serum.
9) We had a moment when a handful of customers experienced their lip balm lids cracking (our supplier had switch manufacturers on us without notice). Working with our suppliers JOLI found a sturdy lip balm tube so this cracking no longer occurs.
In short it pays to send your feedback through, positive or otherwise, because JOLI take your feedback very seriously and endeavour to make your purchase and use of JOLI products as enjoyable as possible.
Do you have some feedback or a request? Contact JOLI anytime.
1) Plastic is practically unbreakable. If you’re anything like me, dropsy, then plastic is the way to go so you don’t end up smashing your product packaging and wasting the contents. I know I’ve dropped my products a time or ten.
2) Plastic is less likely to be damaged in transit.
3) Sending glass packaging would mean an increase in extra packing materials we’d consume; large cardboard boxes, un-environmentally friendly puffles to buffer the glass etc.
4) Plastic is more affordable to transport across town and country. It is light and therefore more fuel efficient for trucks and vans to ship.
5) Using PET plastic means our containers are recyclable.
6) JOLI’s packaging is BPA Free.
7) Less trees have to be cut down in order to produce our packaging because we don’t package our containers in fancy cardboard display boxes.
8) Tin packaging would have to be coated in a thin line of plastic (BPA) in order to stop the contents from corroding the metal.
9) Generally there are no false bottoms and extra thick walls with plastic packaging so what you see is what you get.
Let us know what you think of JOLI’s packaging (product containers) by leaving a comment below.
There are those who believe that we are sitting upon the age of a great precipice. Facing issues such as global warming, massive food shortages, vast quantities of land and resources going towards mass animal farming, large numbers of people trapped in slavery and servitude, and a growing disparity between the the rich and the poor.
We face a scary future with many of us not knowing how to help and what to do.
One way you can help is by supporting sustainable companies: companies who have people’s and animal’s lives and the interests of the planet foremost in their minds.
One such company is JOLI Natural Skin Care.
JOLI have taken a number of steps to work towards sustainability and perhaps their greatest step is NOT MASS PRODUCING products. Mass production of skin care to ship world wide while telling consumers to buy more, instead of only producing what is needed, is unethical and unsustainable. Huge amounts of resources are used up when production is performed in this way.
Whereas manufacturing on a needs only basis means very few amounts of resources are used and this is much better for our environment.
JOLI also run on solar power and have energy saver lights installed, email order details to save on paper usage/wastage, package orders in reusable/recyclable materials and because we don’t ship internationally we have a considerably low carbon footprint compared to other companies who do. JOLI also recycle and reuse everything that comes into our office. Very little is added to landfill.
What other factors do you think of when looking for a sustainable company?
JOLI Natural Skin Care = Australian Made Australian Owned
Justin Timberlake told us he’s “Bringing sexy back.” Well JOLI are bringing customer service back to a nation of Australians longing for the type of ‘good ol’ days’ service!
That statement makes it sound like customer service has been previously lacking from JOLI up until now, however, that could not be further from the truth. Ask any of our loyal customers and they will tell you JOLI excel in superior customer service.
From offering advice on essential oil scent choices to adapting orders for a customer, JOLI are always there to be of assistance and make being a JOLI customer as enjoyable as possible. Not only do JOLI tailor make our skin care to suit your needs, include a FREE product sample with your orders and often give out discount cards, we also enjoy ongoing relationships with our customers, whereby their future needs are also catered to. This includes following up on orders to see if the products you’ve purchased are meeting your needs. Your orders are put together with care, packaged nicely and finished off with a pretty reusable ribbon.
In a world where many businesses treat ‘customer service’ as though it’s a dirty word, un-necessary, superfluous… JOLI pride themselves on giving great service. You want to walk away from your shopping experience (online or otherwise) feeling that you’ve been given the best service possible, yes?
This is what JOLI want for you as well so don’t settle for mediocre customer service from businesses. Why give your hard earned money to a robot who doesn’t care about your needs? Start shopping with JOLI and experience the difference for yourself.
~ Loyal customers who love our customer service please feel free to leave a comment here sharing your experience with others x ~
As a natural skin care manufacturer I know what is allowed and not allowed with product labeling. As a natural skin care purchaser feel disillusioned when I make a purchase only to find the company isn’t doing what is legally required of them and/or duping the customer.
Legally companies are required to list ALL product ingredients on their labeling (aside from fragrance and other patents which have secret formulas). This is compulsory in case you have an allergy or bad reaction to an ingredient in the product. As a consumer you have the right to know if a product contains something you’re allergic to or an ingredient you want to personally avoid.
Some companies list the product ingredients on the box or outside packaging of the product and not on the label itself. This is acceptable legally because as a consumer you can still find out what is in a product prior to using it – even if you throw away the packaging before reading the ingredients.
Here are examples of dubious labeling I’ve personally experienced.
1) A product that listed all the ingredients and stated ‘essential oils’ but did not specify what essential oils it contained. This is No No because let us say a consumer is allergic to orange essential oil and this product contains that ingredient, the customer uses the product and has a bad reaction. Not good. Where as if it’s on the label the customer can then make an informed decision not to use that product.
2) A website that claims to be natural yet does NOT list ANY of the ingredients they use, or only lists what they class as ‘active ingredients’. A product is purchased and upon reading the label the consumer finds the product contains propylene glycol , mehylchloroisothiazolinone or methylisothiazolinone etc. (not only non-natural but also hazardous ingredients). As a consumer I want to know ALL the ingredients a company uses and will avoid websites that do not have a complete ingredients list.
3) A website claiming to be natural yet when products are purchased there are NO ingredient details written on the packaging. If a company is as natural as they claim and have nothing to hide why not let consumers know what is in the products they’re using.
4) A product that lists all the essential oils it contains yet not the ingredients base the oils are in.
These are just a few examples of misleading ingredients listing and companies not being 100% transparent about the ingredients they use.
Maybe you’ve had your own experience with this issue and would like to share your story?
Right off the bat you might be wondering what happiness has to do with natural skin care? Bear with me and all shall be revealed…
Instead of making a new year’s resolution I have decided to make the year 2017 about a theme: happiness.
2016 was a hard, stressful and sad year for many, with numerous celebrity deaths, as well as personal ones, along with numerous world tragedies. For me personally, dealing with the death of my step mum has been hard because she was my ally in all things skin care, natural and hand made. We would talk for hours about new soaping techniques, scent blends, creams, lotions etc. Her death has left a void in my world especially when it comes to having someone to talk to about my work and creations.
I’ve been reading the book Flow by Mihaly C. which talks about the types of things people do that bring about happiness – a state of mind where you’re so into the thing you’re doing that nothing else matters. Such a great feeling! This year I will be setting out to find and do those things that bring me the most flow, happiness, joy!
One such thing is my work, my creations. I love making products and get so absorbed in the process, lost in the delightful scents, colours and creams, dedicated to applying those product stickers on just right, deep in thought when measuring out ingredients and doing the sciency stuff. Nothing else matters in those moments of creation. Hand making these delectable products for you to enjoy is a labour of love and something I look forward to losing myself in more and more often.
So bring on 2017… the year of happiness! What flow activity brings you happiness?
Over the years there has been a large movement towards more ethical ways of living. As more people become concerned for our planet (our home) and our future, we have begun making more ethical choices in how we live and the effects we have on our environment. It has become more important than ever (and this importance is growing) to care for our planet so that future generations have a safe and healthy place to live, so that the earth is protected and animals are looked after.
Sustainable living is important to us, as is purchasing from ethical companies.
JOLI Natural Skin Care are an ethical company, but what does it mean to be ethical? Ethics may vary from company to company depending on what options are open to them. Here are some ways JOLI are ethical.
1) JOLI do not test on animals nor do we use ingredients that are tested on animals (by us or other third parties) because it is important to us that no animal suffer for a product. JOLI are all about healthy, safe and nourishing products. Safe for people, the environment and animals.
2) We use Australian manufactures for our packaging and labels which keeps jobs in Australian. JOLI feel it is important to support other Australian businesses and jobs.
3) A lot of our ingredients are produced in Australia, however, there are a number of ingredients that come from overseas, imported by our Australian suppliers. Where this occurs it is done via fair trade, giving third world communities a chance to make a decent living from their produce (no sweat shops!)
4) JOLI use recycled bubble wrap to keep our products safe on their journey from us to you. We approach companies who would have otherwise added their bubble wrap to landfill which means no extra bubble wrap was produced for us to ship our products.
5) Other parts of our packaging; BPA free containers, pretty ribbon, cellophane, paper bags etc. are recyclable, reusable or biodegradable and we send electronic invoices.
6) We have a number of charities we like to support. Charities that give support to minorities, young people who cannot defend themselves, indigenous people and disadvantaged people. Portions of our sales (your money) goes towards helping these people which gives us all a nice warm fuzzy feeling.
7) There is also the fact that our ingredients are biodegradable and don’t contain nasties that hurt the environment or YOU. This is one of the best things about JOLI Natural Skin Care.
When you’re thinking about making an ethical purchase of skin care products you can rest assured that JOLI is doing their utmost to be as ethical as possible because, like you, the health of our planet and your skin is important to us.
JOLI = Australian Made Australian Owned