What’s News! [blog]
1) Plastic is practically unbreakable. If you’re anything like me, dropsy, then plastic is the way to go so you don’t end up smashing your product packaging and wasting the contents. I know I’ve dropped my products a time or ten.
2) Plastic is less likely to be damaged in transit.
3) Sending glass packaging would mean an increase in extra packing materials we’d consume; large cardboard boxes, un-environmentally friendly puffles to buffer the glass etc.
4) Plastic is more affordable to transport across town and country. It is light and therefore more fuel efficient for trucks and vans to ship.
5) Using PET plastic means our containers are recyclable.
6) JOLI’s packaging is BPA Free.
7) Less trees have to be cut down in order to produce our packaging because we don’t package our containers in fancy cardboard display boxes.
8) Tin packaging would have to be coated in a thin line of plastic (BPA) in order to stop the contents from corroding the metal.
9) Generally there are no false bottoms and extra thick walls with plastic packaging so what you see is what you get.
Let us know what you think of JOLI’s packaging (product containers) by leaving a comment below.
There are those who believe that we are sitting upon the age of a great precipice. Facing issues such as global warming, massive food shortages, vast quantities of land and resources going towards mass animal farming, large numbers of people trapped in slavery and servitude, and a growing disparity between the the rich and the poor.
We face a scary future with many of us not knowing how to help and what to do.
One way you can help is by supporting sustainable companies: companies who have people’s and animal’s lives and the interests of the planet foremost in their minds.
One such company is JOLI Natural Skin Care.
JOLI have taken a number of steps to work towards sustainability and perhaps their greatest step is NOT MASS PRODUCING products. Mass production of skin care to ship world wide while telling consumers to buy more, instead of only producing what is needed, is unethical and unsustainable. Huge amounts of resources are used up when production is performed in this way.
Whereas manufacturing on a needs only basis means very few amounts of resources are used and this is much better for our environment.
JOLI also run on solar power and have energy saver lights installed, email order details to save on paper usage/wastage, package orders in reusable/recyclable materials and because we don’t ship internationally we have a considerably low carbon footprint compared to other companies who do. JOLI also recycle and reuse everything that comes into our office. Very little is added to landfill.
What other factors do you think of when looking for a sustainable company?
JOLI Natural Skin Care = Australian Made Australian Owned
Justin Timberlake told us he’s “Bringing sexy back.” Well JOLI are bringing customer service back to a nation of Australians longing for the type of ‘good ol’ days’ service!
That statement makes it sound like customer service has been previously lacking from JOLI up until now, however, that could not be further from the truth. Ask any of our loyal customers and they will tell you JOLI excel in superior customer service.
From offering advice on essential oil scent choices to adapting orders for a customer, JOLI are always there to be of assistance and make being a JOLI customer as enjoyable as possible. Not only do JOLI tailor make our skin care to suit your needs, include a FREE product sample with your orders and often give out discount cards, we also enjoy ongoing relationships with our customers, whereby their future needs are also catered to. This includes following up on orders to see if the products you’ve purchased are meeting your needs. Your orders are put together with care, packaged nicely and finished off with a pretty reusable ribbon.
In a world where many businesses treat ‘customer service’ as though it’s a dirty word, un-necessary, superfluous… JOLI pride themselves on giving great service. You want to walk away from your shopping experience (online or otherwise) feeling that you’ve been given the best service possible, yes?
This is what JOLI want for you as well so don’t settle for mediocre customer service from businesses. Why give your hard earned money to a robot who doesn’t care about your needs? Start shopping with JOLI and experience the difference for yourself.
~ Loyal customers who love our customer service please feel free to leave a comment here sharing your experience with others x ~
As a natural skin care manufacturer I know what is allowed and not allowed with product labeling. As a natural skin care purchaser feel disillusioned when I make a purchase only to find the company isn’t doing what is legally required of them and/or duping the customer.
Legally companies are required to list ALL product ingredients on their labeling (aside from fragrance and other patents which have secret formulas). This is compulsory in case you have an allergy or bad reaction to an ingredient in the product. As a consumer you have the right to know if a product contains something you’re allergic to or an ingredient you want to personally avoid.
Some companies list the product ingredients on the box or outside packaging of the product and not on the label itself. This is acceptable legally because as a consumer you can still find out what is in a product prior to using it – even if you throw away the packaging before reading the ingredients.
Here are examples of dubious labeling I’ve personally experienced.
1) A product that listed all the ingredients and stated ‘essential oils’ but did not specify what essential oils it contained. This is No No because let us say a consumer is allergic to orange essential oil and this product contains that ingredient, the customer uses the product and has a bad reaction. Not good. Where as if it’s on the label the customer can then make an informed decision not to use that product.
2) A website that claims to be natural yet does NOT list ANY of the ingredients they use, or only lists what they class as ‘active ingredients’. A product is purchased and upon reading the label the consumer finds the product contains propylene glycol , mehylchloroisothiazolinone or methylisothiazolinone etc. (not only non-natural but also hazardous ingredients). As a consumer I want to know ALL the ingredients a company uses and will avoid websites that do not have a complete ingredients list.
3) A website claiming to be natural yet when products are purchased there are NO ingredient details written on the packaging. If a company is as natural as they claim and have nothing to hide why not let consumers know what is in the products they’re using.
4) A product that lists all the essential oils it contains yet not the ingredients base the oils are in.
These are just a few examples of misleading ingredients listing and companies not being 100% transparent about the ingredients they use.
Maybe you’ve had your own experience with this issue and would like to share your story?
Right off the bat you might be wondering what happiness has to do with natural skin care? Bear with me and all shall be revealed…
Instead of making a new year’s resolution I have decided to make the year 2017 about a theme: happiness.
2016 was a hard, stressful and sad year for many, with numerous celebrity deaths, as well as personal ones, along with numerous world tragedies. For me personally, dealing with the death of my step mum has been hard because she was my ally in all things skin care, natural and hand made. We would talk for hours about new soaping techniques, scent blends, creams, lotions etc. Her death has left a void in my world especially when it comes to having someone to talk to about my work and creations.
I’ve been reading the book Flow by Mihaly C. which talks about the types of things people do that bring about happiness – a state of mind where you’re so into the thing you’re doing that nothing else matters. Such a great feeling! This year I will be setting out to find and do those things that bring me the most flow, happiness, joy!
One such thing is my work, my creations. I love making products and get so absorbed in the process, lost in the delightful scents, colours and creams, dedicated to applying those product stickers on just right, deep in thought when measuring out ingredients and doing the sciency stuff. Nothing else matters in those moments of creation. Hand making these delectable products for you to enjoy is a labour of love and something I look forward to losing myself in more and more often.
So bring on 2017… the year of happiness! What flow activity brings you happiness?
Over the years there has been a large movement towards more ethical ways of living. As more people become concerned for our planet (our home) and our future, we have begun making more ethical choices in how we live and the effects we have on our environment. It has become more important than ever (and this importance is growing) to care for our planet so that future generations have a safe and healthy place to live, so that the earth is protected and animals are looked after.
Sustainable living is important to us, as is purchasing from ethical companies.
JOLI Natural Skin Care are an ethical company, but what does it mean to be ethical? Ethics may vary from company to company depending on what options are open to them. Here are some ways JOLI are ethical.
1) JOLI do not test on animals nor do we use ingredients that are tested on animals (by us or other third parties) because it is important to us that no animal suffer for a product. JOLI are all about healthy, safe and nourishing products. Safe for people, the environment and animals.
2) We use Australian manufactures for our packaging and labels which keeps jobs in Australian. JOLI feel it is important to support other Australian businesses and jobs.
3) A lot of our ingredients are produced in Australia, however, there are a number of ingredients that come from overseas, imported by our Australian suppliers. Where this occurs it is done via fair trade, giving third world communities a chance to make a decent living from their produce (no sweat shops!)
4) JOLI use recycled bubble wrap to keep our products safe on their journey from us to you. We approach companies who would have otherwise added their bubble wrap to landfill which means no extra bubble wrap was produced for us to ship our products.
5) Other parts of our packaging; BPA free containers, pretty ribbon, cellophane, paper bags etc. are recyclable, reusable or biodegradable and we send electronic invoices.
6) We have a number of charities we like to support. Charities that give support to minorities, young people who cannot defend themselves, indigenous people and disadvantaged people. Portions of our sales (your money) goes towards helping these people which gives us all a nice warm fuzzy feeling.
7) There is also the fact that our ingredients are biodegradable and don’t contain nasties that hurt the environment or YOU. This is one of the best things about JOLI Natural Skin Care.
When you’re thinking about making an ethical purchase of skin care products you can rest assured that JOLI is doing their utmost to be as ethical as possible because, like you, the health of our planet and your skin is important to us.
JOLI = Australian Made Australian Owned
JOLI are starting a new and fun campaign and want all of our customers and fans to join in!
The #idoitnaturally campaign is about sharing with the wider public our mutual love for all things natural, especially our love of good wholesome natural skin care.
What JOLI would like you to do is take a photo of yourself, a family member or friend using a JOLI product – it doesn’t have to feature your face and can feature any body part or whatever you feel comfortable with. It is preferable that the product you’re using also be featured in the photo.
Some examples :
1) Luscious Body Butter to moisturise your legs
2) Fancy Cuticle Oil on your fingers or toes
3) A bubble product in the bath
4) A moisturiser on your hands
5) Hair Styling Wax on your hair
JOLI customers who enter a photo will go in the running to win $50 worth of JOLI products and there will be TWO winners chosen.
You can enter more than one photo and each photo will count as an entry.
Send your photos to admin @ jolinatural . com . au (without the gaps) and we’ll caption your photos and post them on our Facebook page.
The campaign will run from the 1st to the 31st of December and a winner will be chosen and announced early January 2017. All enquiries welcome
#idoitnaturally with JOLI’s bath bombs
JOLI have been having a huge amount of creative fun coming up with a new colourful and vibrant bubble bath range.
The new range features products that are brightly coloured and divinely scented!
The range includes; bubble truffles, bubble cup cakes and bubble bars.
The truffles: chocolate, mango and strawberry.
The cupcakes: jelly bean, dewberry delight, choc raspberry and apple pie.
The bars: moon garden (lilac pink white), mystique (blue yellow pink) and morning rain (orange blue lime).
To celebrate the launch of this new range JOLI offer you a 15% discount on your first purchase of any products within the bubble range.
Enter the code-word bubble to receive your discount.
JOLI’s original bath range, scented with essential oils, is still available and to tell the difference between the two they’re categorised as: Scented or Essentials.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
NQR* Apple Pie Cupcake free with VIP orders over $20.
NQR* Choc Raspberry Cupcakes half price while stocks last.
NQR = not quite right. The first batch of these cupcakes expanded making them look more like muffins. They’re not uniform in appearance yet still work perfectly well.
What skin care issues are you facing? Do you have oily skin with dry patches? Or maybe you often have dry cracked lips? Are you constantly suffering breakouts and blemishes or do you have a baby with an incurable bottom rash?
Or maybe you’re in need of a company that does not test on animals, does not use harsh chemicals in their products, or can tailor make a product to suit your needs?
Let JOLI know your skin care concerns and we’ll provide you with FREE skin care advice to help manage your skin care issues.
Simply <CLICK HERE> to be taken to our customer service page and send your questions through to JOLI for your FREE skin care advice.
NOTE: seeking advice from JOLI Natural Skin Care may result in receiving a FREE product sample!
*Australian residents only.
Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising. I know I talk to my friends about good and bad experiences all the time!
For example I have recently started seeing a physiotherapist who was recommended to me by a friend. This physio is by far one of the best health professionals I’ve seen to date and I’d happily recommend her to others.
This lady is so knowledgeable, not just about how the skeletal and muscular systems work, but also about many things related to womanhood. The things I’m learning about how my body operates and how nature has designed both the female and male form is amazing. Such as: in native cultures where the confines of clothing (in particular bras) to hide their nudity is non existent they don’t have conditions like mastitis or trouble with breast feeding.
I love learning!
I also like getting better and knowing how to implement behaviors and strategies into making my body stronger and able to age well in years to come. As an added bonus this therapist is also not big on chatting
This got me thinking about JOLI’s customers and what they’re thinking and feeling about our products and customer service and what they tell their family and friends about us.
So if you’d be so kind I would love you to tell us “What words do you use to describe us” to your friends and family? Comment on this post or drop us a line because knowing what we’re doing right and where we can improve is important to us
P.S. those brave enough to share their views will receive a FREE natural Lip Balm (flavours chosen at random) as a Thank You!