Summer is fast approaching and as happens in good ol’ Aussie land it gets real hot real quick!
Many of us are looking for deodorants that don’t contain aluminum (said to be a leading cause in Alzheimers). Aluminum is listed as a carcinogenic, toxic and mutagenic. Yuk! Who wants that on/in their skin and body?
Aside from that we also want to avoid ingredients such as propylene glycol, parabens an phthalates.
So how do we tackle the issue of BO and sweat naturally?
Here are some tips and tricks:
1) Apply natural toner to a cotton ball and cleans armpits, under cleavage, man and lady parts and other areas. Leave to air dry. The toner cleanses and refreshes the area and the essential oils smell nice.
It’s a good idea to do this, cleanse the area, prior to applying deodorant.
2) Make a natural body powder (and puff) with 1/4 cup bicarb soda and 1 table spoon of corn flour. Sprinkle or puff this powder over hot sweaty body parts to cool them down and stop chaffing and/or that clammy feeling we sometimes get when sweating. Good also for sweaty feet.
3) Use JOLI’s natural deodorant which contains a potent blend of essential oils perfect for curbing sweat and killing off the bacteria that causes BO.
* Note: it’s a good idea to use toner or body spray to wipe down natural deodorant, from time to time, to cleanse the roll-on area before apply to your skin.
4) Make a body spray with 125ml water and 1ml (20 drops) orange essential oil (natural antiseptic) added to a spray bottle. Carry around with you and spritz as necessary.